That’s my question for you today regarding this blog. How am I doing? You can help make this a better blog by letting me know what kind of information you are looking for when you visit here. This blog works best when your purposes and my purposes match.
My purposes are to provide tools to help you write your memoir, life story, or family history and to make available my services for those who want to hire a personal historian. I do that by:
- Trying to inspire and educate.
- Presenting established and new techniques.
- Linking to a variety of professional resources.
- Pointing out what others are doing.
- Identifying opportunities for new thinking, such as National Family History Month and the Men’s Story Project.
- Reviewing books of top writers in the fields of memoir, life story writing, family history, and writing in general.
- Sharing well-written stories that illustrate good storytelling methods.
- Posting how-to-do-it articles from the experts.
How am I doing? I’m not looking for praise. I’m genuinely looking for your suggestions on ways to improve my blog so it works for you. What would you like to see here? What kinds of information are best for your purposes?
Please leave your comments.
Thanks a million!
Photo: Ed Koch sports a sailor's cap at the commissioning of the USS Lake Champlain. Courtesy Patrick J. Cashin, U.S. Navy.